- At what altitude does the mountain region start above the sea level?
Answer: The altitude of the mountain region ranges from 4877 meters to 8848 meters.
- What is the main occupation of the people living in the mountain region?
Answer: Animal husbandry is the main occupation of the people living in the mountain region.
- In which geographical belt of Nepal, coniferous forest is found?
Answer: Coniferous forest is found in the Himalayan region of Nepal.
- Write the names of any two reptiles protected in Nepal.
Answer: Bengal monitor and Tibetan pit viper are two reptiles protected in Nepal.
- Under which aspect of infrastructure development do electricity and communication come?
Answer: Electricity and communication come under the physical aspect of infrastructure development.
- Write any one health service agency which is available in your community.
Answer: Hospital is the health service agency which is available in my community.
- In which day population day is celebrated in Nepal?
Answer: 11th July is celebrated as population day in Nepal.
- How do you calculate the mid-year population?
Answer: Mid year population = Population at Jan 1 + Population at Dec 31
- Write the names of any two religious sites located in the hilly region.
Answer: Manakamana and Swargadwari are the religious sites located in the hilly region.
- In which geographical region are Rajbiraj and Mahendranagar located.
Answer: Rajbiraj and Mahendranagar are located in the Terai region of Nepal.
- Write anyone adverse effect on biodiversity due to human activity.
Answer: Extinction of wildlife is an effect on biodiversity due to human activity.
- What is the average weight of an Asiatic Rock Python?
Answer: About 90 Kg.
- When was Brundtland commission formed?
Answer: Brundtland commission was formed in 1983 A.D.
- When was Brundtland report submitted?
Answer: In 1987 A.D
- Mention any two conditions of the low quality of life?
Answer: Early marriage and gender discrimination are the conditions of the low quality of life.
- Write any one measure to manage the solid waste by you at the local level to protect the ecosystem.
Answer: Public awareness regarding the management of solid waste should be provided at the local level to manage solid waste.
- Write the names of two rare plants found in Mountain region.
Answer: Jatamasi and Cordyceps are the rare plants found in Mountain region.
- Provide any two examples of In-situ conservation.
Answer: National park and wildlife reserve are examples of In-situ conservation.
- How is the infrastructure of development classified?
Answer: The infrastructure of development is classified into Human resource, physical resource, social resource, and economic resource.
- Give two names of Airborne disease.
Answer: Pneumonia and Tuberculosis are Airborne diseases.
- For which disease the DOTS is implemented?
Answer: DOTS is implemented for tuberculosis.
- Which source of population data is a sample survey included in?
Answer: Sample survey is included in the primary source of the population data.
- What type of factor is ‘Virility’ called as a factor affecting birth?
Answer: psychological factor.
- How many species of fish are found in Nepal?
Answer: 182 species of fishes are found in Nepal.
- Write any one importance of sustainable development.
Answer: Proper use of the resource is the importance of sustainable development.
- Write the full form of COPD.
Answer: The full form of COPD is Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
- Write the formula of Crude Death Rate.
Answer: Crude Death Rate = Total No. of deaths in a place in a year × 1000
Total Mid- Year Population
- Write any one fruit, which is found in the mountain region.
- Write any one rare plants found in the Hilly region.
Answer: Spikenard is a rare plant found in the Hilly region.
- Write any one consequence of unmanaged urbanization.
Answer: Lack of facilities is a consequence of unmanaged urbanization.
- Which South Asian country has the lowest infant mortality rate?
Answer: Sri Lanka has the lowest infant mortality rate.
- Which is the artificial factor of population change?
Answer: Migration is the artificial factor of population change.
- Write any one effort for making the quality of life.
Answer: Limiting the family size is an effort for making the quality of life.
- What can be the main cause of non-communicable disease?
Answer: Heredity can be the main cause of non-communicable disease.
- Which date is called 7 billion day?
Answer: October 31, 2011
- What is the formula to calculate sex ratio?
Answer: Sex ratio = (Population of male × 100)/Population of female
- What is the appropriate age for the first conception of a woman?
Answer: 20 years is the appropriate age for the first conception of a woman.
- What is the main cause of less developmental activities in Mountain region?
Answer: Lack of transport facilities is the main cause of less developmental activities in Mountain region.
- Write the name of any one animal found in the Hill region.
Answer: Clouded-leopard is the animal found in the Hillyregion.
- Write down any two castes of Terai region.
Answer: Tharu and Danuwar.
- Write any one utility of Himalayan Yew.
Answer: Himalayan Yew is used to cure cancer.
- Name the disease that occurred due to the deficiency of Carbohydrate and protein.
Answer: Marasmus is the disease that occurred due to the deficiency of Carbohydrate and protein.
- Write any one reason for not having population increase before 1930 AD.
Answer: Spreading of Epidemic diseases.
- In how many levels the human development index is divided in to?
Answer: Human development index is divided into three levels.
- 138. Mention any one mitigating measure to conserve the previous herbs of the mountain region.
Answer: Awareness is a mitigating measure to conserve the previous herbs of the mountain region.
- What percentage of land area is occupied by Hilly region of Nepal?
Answer: 41.7 %
- Write two plants enlisted in rare plant in Nepal.
Answer: Golden michelia and spike nard are the rare plant in Nepal.
- Present any one example of the cottage industry.
Answer: Carpet industry is an example of the cottage industry.
- Write any one disease having a possibility of dehydradia.
Answer: Kwashiorkor is a disease having a possibility of dehydradia.
- In which group children below 15 year of age and the people of 59 years and above are taken as?
Answer: Dependent population.
- Which region of Nepal is more affected by modernization?
Answer: Terai region of Nepal is more affected by modernization.
- Natural environment of our country is degrading. Write any one major activity for its protection.
- In which part of the body Helocobacter pylori bacteria caused cancer?
- What sort of departments has been arranging for the services of patient in hospital?
Answer: Indoor and Outdoor
- What is the human development index of Bhutan?
- What is the percentage of cultivable land in the mountain region?
Answer: 2 %
- In comparison to the world, what is the percentage of algae found in Nepal?
Answer: 2.6 %
- How many babies (cubs) does a Bangal Tiger gives birth to at a time?
Answer: 2 to 6 cubs
- What is meant by balanced development? Write in one sentence.
Answer: It means utilization of development potential of all areas or regions as per its capacity so that it benefits all the inhabitants of the country.
- Write any one name of the disease which is transmitted through syringes.
- Which health indicator has remarkable progress according to the national target of health?
Answer: Maternal Mortality rate
- Write any one major activity of environment conservation.
Answer: Land conservation and pollution control
- Mention any one major cause of rareness of vegetation and animals.
- Write any one major cause of rareness of Clouded Leopard.
Answer: Destruction of habitat
- Write any one importance of development programme for the progress of society and nation.
Answer: Raise the living standard of the people
- In the context of Nepal, which disease is mostly found in HIV infected person?
- Write any one major health problem of Nepal.
- What is the physical height of Terai region?
Answer: 60 to 610 meters
- What is the main function of Gene?
Answer: Transfer of hereditary character
- For the treatment of which disease is serpentine used?
Answer: Blood pressure, reduce pain, diarrhea etc.
- How many beds are there in a zonal hospital?
- Write any two factors that can affect mortality rate.
Answer: Ageing and heath education
- Write the formula to calculate infant mortality rate.
IMR = (No. of death under 1 years of age in a year × 1000)/Total no. of live births in that year